Saturday, May 22, 2010

Simple Necklace For A More Simple Life


I was just trying to straighten up my room which is not a light task, mostly because I have too much stuff. I do not like having so much stuff clutter about, but I have a mild case of hoarding. (If I ever watch that show I seriously freak out.) I hate to fall into the trap of uber-consumerism, but it's hard sometimes. My goal in life is to live more simply. Thus cleansing the room of stuff. My mom's mantra: Love it while you have it or need it, and then let it go. Good philosophy I think. 

Oops got off track there for a minute. Point of post is that I was cleaning my room and I found this bead I got in some clearance bin at a craft store a couple of weeks ago. It was $1.50 and it called out to me. Using some embroidery thread (gifted from a friend) and a necklace clasp, I made a quick and easy necklace. It's very simple, and I like it that way. 


Best part: it's reversible! Two necklaces in one. 



I think the leafy green side is my fave.



These are the clasps I used.
 They were 36 for $2.50 at the craft store.



1 comment: