Sunday, June 6, 2010

If you blink while caught in a whirlwind...

well all of a sudden you open your eyes and realize it's June. That's how I feel right now anyway. The older you get/ the busier/ the more involved/ etc., the easier it is to exist in the future. Does that make sense? I'm always looking ahead (what's on the calendar for the next week and next month and next year!) because of work and school that my personal life is starting to exist only in the in-between moments.

Summertime is just the excuse I need to reorganize and shake it up a bit. I don't want to take a breath and realize it's December without having enjoyed some very epic here and now moments. 

A quick recap of the in-betweens:

My friends Jackki and Derek moved away to live in Davis.
I miss them, but I'm definitely looking forward to visiting soon.
Especially since their engagement party is coming up in August. 
Like our Hot Dog on a Stick accessories?
My friend Alex also moved away... to CHICAGO!
I'm happy for/proud of her for setting off on a new adventure, but man will I miss that girl. 
Who knows, maybe I'll be blogging from Chi-town in the near future
white wine, scarves, and smiles for Japanese New Year in January
While not saying goodbye to dear friends, I've been keeping very very very busy with work and the first of four summer school classes. Right now I'm about to begin the third (and final!!) week of my American Inequality writing course. 

AAIS 104W. Writing about American Inequality (3)
Analysis of poverty, social class, and inequality in America. Students receive feedback in preparing papers on poverty and inequality. Emphasis on research techniques, evaluation and documentation of evidence, and style and mechanics of writing. Meets the upper-division writing skills requirement for graduation.

The reading list so far has included:


 


Not exactly beach reads, but pretty captivating and insightful. The class is super interesting, but whizzing by at the speed of light. My daily schedule for the last two weeks has been:
7a-11:15a -- Class
12p-5p -- Work
5p-3a -- Homework 

Not to leave off on a completely bleak note, here are some quick highlights I've squeezed in:

amidst a nasty bout with a cold,
 I treated myself to some yummy Ravioli at a local Italian place


 Daniel, probably playing with his Iphone




these adorable/comfy HushPuppies I found at a thrift store last weekend

a perfect summer time hat, made for lounging around with mimosas
(found in the dollar section of Target! they also had pink and yellow)

Maybe soon I'll get brave and post an Outfit of the Day (eeek!).  

3 comments:

  1. Those hot dog on a stick accesories are so cute! Maybe because I love that food place so much :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog, I cantbelieve school started for you already.
    Anyway, I like those necklaces you posted on your previous post. They are so cute!


    -Karla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's a baby blog, but I'm learning. I love necklaces, maybe I'll get super crafty and make some more soon. :)

    ReplyDelete