Saturday, June 19, 2010

Beachy Birthday Cupcakes

For some reason, I just can't fall asleep tonight. So I guess I'm making up for all the non-blogging of last week. At least it will be short and super sweet. Wanted to share these beach cupcakes I made for my boss on her birthday. I organized a potluck and since every year she goes to the beach for her birthday, I decided there had to be a theme. I also made some pasta with cream pesto sauce. It made for a happy Tuesday in the office for sure. 

 
A close up. The "sand" is edible - it's graham cracker. 

My cupcake carrier is really more for storage and not travel.
I made a sharp turn on the road, they tumbled and I freaked out. 
Also, the intense June heat got to the frosting and as you can see made it kind of drippy. 

I've always loved making/decorating cupcakes, but I think I'm ready to step it up. I'm making some for our organizations open house. I want to incorporate a sun somehow since it resembles our logo. I'll have to make some practice batches this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment